[R-SIG-Mac] making R64 the default gui

Airey, David C david.airey at Vanderbilt.Edu
Sun Feb 7 22:34:00 CET 2010

I did rebuild the launch services using:

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/A/Support/lsregister -kill -r -domain local -domain system -domain user

but unlike you I get the same response to trying to change things with the Get Info dialog--it always reverts to R.app rather than R64.app.

I note that the com.apple.launchservices.plist file reads:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>