[R-SIG-Mac] Weird package Installer behavior

Kasper Daniel Hansen kasperdanielhansen at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 23:24:02 CEST 2010

When you install from the GUi you can either do a system wide install
(in /Library/...) or you can do a user-level install (in
~/Library/...).

You can see where R searches for packages by doing
  .libPaths()

I expect that the first element will be somewhere in your home dir.

I don't use the GUI so I have forgotten how you control whether you do
a local or system-wide (for all users) install of a new package, but
it seems like the GUI (with your setup) always installs into the
system-wide dir.

Kasper