[R-SIG-Mac] text() does not work

J Andrés Christen jac at cimat.mx
Fri Aug 13 00:21:19 CEST 2010

When plotting, no text appears in the Quartz window (no axis labels, etc.) and
text() does not work:

> plot(1:3,1:3, main="Hi!")

No main title appears a no axis labels.

> text( 2, 2, "w")

no "w" appears.

Earlier today I did a general software update.  I tried changing to the previous version
I was using, 2.8, but this did not help.

With

> demo(graphics)

all plots appear, but no text at all.  I tested the png() device, and no text appears there either.

Please help.

Dr J Andres Christen            	Tel: +52-(473)-732-7155, ext. 49563
CIMAT
A. P. 402                       		Fax: +52-(473)-732-5749
36000, Guanajuato, Gto.         e-mail: jac at cimat.mx
MEXICO                          		http://www.cimat.mx/~jac

"Dort, wo man Bücher verbrennt, verbrennt man am Ende auch Menschen"
"Donde quemen libros, terminarán quemando personas"
"Where they burn books, they will ultimately also burn people"
Heinrich Heine (1797-1856).