[R-SIG-Mac] install two versions of R on a Mac

Thu Aug 5 22:08:50 CEST 2010

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 8:38 AM, Mike Lawrence <Mike.Lawrence at dal.ca> wrote:
> Do you mean you want two different versions of R on the same machine
> (eg. R-2.11.1 & R-2.10.1)? Or do you mean you simply want to run
> multiple sessions of the same version at once? If the latter, you
> simply install one version and open multiple terminal sessions.

And if you (Irina) are after the former, the only way I know how to
run two different versions of R *simultaneously* is to have one
installed by source (ie. not via the R.pkg which installs into
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework) due to the requirement of a valid
"Versions/Current" symlink in that R.framework directory.

-steve