[R-SIG-Mac] getting history() to work

Ben Madin lists at remoteinformation.com.au
Mon Apr 12 17:15:28 CEST 2010

Simon et al,

On 12/04/2010, at 22:41 , Simon Urbanek wrote:

> A side note: R.app does NOT support the q() or quit() functions since they save neither history nor open files

I was totally unaware of this being the case (as one still gets the "Save workspace image? [y/n/c]: " message), and as this would probably have saved me lots of grief in the past - I gave up using the history and work from scripts always - maybe it could be a little more clearly noted somewhere else.

My request / suggestion would be a warning every time the GUI opens that this is the case until the user checks the box that says "OK, I'll remember that for the future"

cheers

Ben