[R-SIG-Mac] patch for consideration

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Wed Sep 30 19:47:34 CEST 2009

On Sep 30, 2009, at 12:57 , Kjell Konis wrote:

> ## Sorry - just realized I replied to the last message off-list ##
>
> OK, I see what's going on. R CMD is setting DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH but
> after Python is already running so nothing happens.

That shouldn't be a problem - DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH is dynamic on Darwin
(unlike LD_LIBRARY_PATH on some systems) so changes *do* become active
immediately. Are you sure you're not setting it in a different
environment? This seems more like an issue in Rpy, not in R ...

(I should add that this all is only an issue when not using the
framework which is much easier since you can query everything from the
bundle which is why R.app can work even without R CMD)