[R-SIG-Mac] patch for consideration

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Wed Sep 30 17:05:43 CEST 2009

On Sep 30, 2009, at 10:34 , Konis Kjell wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The attached file patches the configure script so that the full
> install path is used in libR.dylib when doing a non-Framework build.
> I  have tested it under 10.5 and 10.6 using the FSF version 4.3
> compiler  family. Please feel free to include it in R if you think
> it would be  useful.

What is the point of this exercise? R is relocatable until installed,
so you cannot embed any paths and configure time and the above patch
won't work (also try make install rhome=/foo and see it break). To be
precise R won't even care because DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH overrides the path
but then the question is why to embed it at all since it is incorrect?