[R-SIG-Mac] Issue with spelling in Aquamacs

johannes rara johannesraja at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 09:36:02 CEST 2009

I found the solution. I ran in Terminal.app

> defaults write org.R-project.R force.LANG fi_Fi.UTF-8

and after that edited .bash_profile by adding these lines into it:

export LC_ALL=fi_FI.UTF-8
export LANG=fi_FI.UTF-8

Now everything works fine and sessionInfo() looks like this

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.9.2 (2009-08-24)
i386-apple-darwin8.11.1

locale:
fi_FI.UTF-8/fi_FI.UTF-8/C/C/fi_FI.UTF-8/fi_FI.UTF-8

attached base packages:

-Johannes