[R-SIG-Mac] Questions regarding R + Aquamacs + ESS

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sun Sep 20 17:58:49 CEST 2009

On Sep 19, 2009, at 3:34 AM, johannes rara wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have few questions regarding R 2.9.2 + Aquamacs + ESS. I'm moving
> from WinXP to Mac (Snow Leopard 10.6.1) and also from Tinn-R to
> Aquamacs (1.8c).
>
> 1. Is there syntax highlighting in Aqaumacs? Now when I open .R file
> only the lines starting with comment mark (#), quoted words etc. are
> shown in color. What about R:s reserved words? In Tinn-R these words
> where shown blue. Is there this kind of functionality in Aquamacs?

http://www.nabble.com/Syntax-highlighting-in-R---again!-tc23607843.html#a23607843

I suspect that you will want to investigate one or another of the
access methods (and perhaps subscribe)  to the ESS mailing list:

http://www.nabble.com/ESS---Help-f28748.html

There is a search facility on that page and there may be other such
web sites. I am not a current user but think I may join you in trying
out Aquamacs-ESS. My current puzzle is to figure out the code sending
and receiving to/from R. The instructions suggest to me that I will
need to leave behind the R-GUI which I rather regret. I think the
Package Manager and Installer are nicely engineered.