[R-SIG-Mac] rnorm.halton

Anirban Mukherjee anirbanm at smu.edu.sg
Tue Sep 15 17:10:10 CEST 2009

Thanks everyone for your replies. Particularly David.

The numbers are pseudo-random. Repeated calls should/would give the
same output. Currently, Halton works fine when used to just get the
Halton sequence, but the random deviates call is not working in 64 bit
R. For now, I will generate the numbers in 32 bit R, save them and
then load them back in when using 64 bit R. The package maintainers
can look at it if/when they get a chance and/or access to 64 bit R.

Thanks!

Best,
Anirban

--
Anirban Mukherjee | Assistant Professor, Marketing | LKCSB, SMU
5062 School of Business, 50 Stamford Road, Singapore 178899 | +65-6828-1932