[R-SIG-Mac] Altering position of quartz window

Tim Cole tim.cole at ich.ucl.ac.uk
Fri Sep 11 13:58:14 CEST 2009

There was some discussion a few months ago about how to alter the
quartz defaults, and I remember that to change the size of the plot
one has to hit return for the changes to stick.

However to change the default position of the plot window from bottom
left, this trick does not work. Altering the position to say top
right, then hitting return, produces a bleep after a second or two,
and the new status is stored and remembered on restarting R, but it
still plots bottom left.

Am I missing a trick here, or it is broken?

Thanks,
Tim

>  R.Version()
$platform
[1] "i386-apple-darwin8.11.1"

$arch
[1] "i386"

$os
[1] "darwin8.11.1"

$system
[1] "i386, darwin8.11.1"

$status
[1] ""

$major
[1] "2"

$minor
[1] "9.2"

$year
[1] "2009"

$month
[1] "08"

$day
[1] "24"

$`svn rev`
[1] "49384"

$language
[1] "R"

$version.string
[1] "R version 2.9.2 (2009-08-24)"

--
Tim.Cole at ich.ucl.ac.uk   Phone +44(0)20 7905 2666  Fax +44(0)20 7905 2381
Paed Epidemiology & Biostats, UCL Institute of Child Health, London