[R-SIG-Mac] help building a package on mac

Romain Francois romain.francois at dbmail.com
Sun Sep 6 14:03:10 CEST 2009

Hello,

I am developping an R aware version of apache ant, so that you can run R
code within an ant build script. This will make the compilation of java
source from one package that depends on java code from another package
easier, etc ...

But I can not build it on the mac platform. Could someone from this list
try to build it.

The package is source-controlled on r-forge :

$ svn checkout svn://svn.r-forge.r-project.org/svnroot/orchestra/pkg/ant
$ R CMD build ant
# R CMD INSTALL ant_0.0-3.tar.gz

The log file from r-forge shows partial success:
http://r-forge.r-project.org/R/?group_id=504&add_log=check_x86_32_mac&pkg=ant&flavor=patched&type=00install.out

I think the relevant part of the file is this :

** arch - ppc
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/bin/Rscript ../exec/ant.R
--installer
Java for ppc cannot run in this configuration.
Please consult documentation.
Error in .jinit() : Cannot create Java virtual machine (-1)
Calls: .jinit -> .External
Execution halted
make: *** [mylibs] Error 1
ERROR: compilation failed for package 'ant'

and this is probably related to my Makevars file.

I don't have myself access to a mac and would appreciate feedback, so
that I can release the package on CRAN.

Many thanks in advance,

Romain

--