[R-SIG-Mac] R 2.10.0 beta -- please test!

Berend Hasselman bhh at xs4all.nl
Thu Oct 22 20:55:02 CEST 2009

On 19/10/2009, at 14:46, Simon Urbanek wrote:

> Dear Mac users,
>
> please consider testing R 2.10.0 beta *before* the release. First,
> we have now an automated installer generator system for Leopard and
> Snow Leopard (incl. 64-bit R), so it will be useful to test that it
> works as desired and second there was one very fundamental change in
> the GUI (not necessarily visible for the user but it makes sure any
> new debugging/browser support in R is passed into the GUI) so we
> want to make sure *before* the release that any issues are ironed
> out -- but we can only do that with your feedback.

Running the 32 bit R.app GUI.

I start out with my Home directory as working directory.
I do a Change Working Directory to:  /Users/berendhasselman/Documents/
Programming/R/NonLinearEq.Test/nleq.test/nslv

Then do an Open Document... (Cmd+O) or a Source File... (Shift+Cmd+O).
The open file dialog doesn't start in the current working directory  but
in /Users/berendhasselman/Documents/Programming/R/NonLinearEq.Test.

After navigating to the working directory and opening a file, and then
doing another open file the open dialog hasn't remembered the previous
directory. I have to navigate to the desired directory all over again.

I can't remember if this also happened with R2.9.2. Sorry about that.

Berend

sessionInfo() gives

R version 2.10.0 RC (2009-10-20 r50178)
i386-apple-darwin9.8.0

locale:
[1] en_GB.UTF-8/en_GB.UTF-8/C/C/en_GB.UTF-8/en_GB.UTF-8

attached base packages: