[R-SIG-Mac] R crash on startup in OS X

Jordan Thomson jathomso at sfu.ca
Wed Oct 21 22:53:55 CEST 2009

Hi guys,

I've started from scratch with R 2.9.2 and now have R.app in my Applications folder.
The Framework folder is in the proper place and I can find the libR.dylib file using Finder.  However, when I run the command in Terminal that Simon suggested it returns this error, even though the path is correct and the file is there:

/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.9/Resources/lib/
file:       cannot open (/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.9/Resources/lib/
file)
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.9/Resources/lib/
libR.dylib: cannot open (/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.9/Resources/lib/
libR.dylib)
[Process completed]

Sorry this is a pain... any other suggestions?!

Cheers,

Jordy