[R-SIG-Mac] R-alpha on SL system

Roger Koenker rkoenker at illinois.edu
Sun Oct 11 19:19:45 CEST 2009

I am trying to install R-alpha R-2.10.0 (yesterdays version) on a mac
pro system that I've
recently upgraded to SL and xcode 3.2.   I've tried both the binary
install which fails, and
building from source:  the config.log file can be seen here:

http://www.econ.uiuc.edu/~roger/config.log

Version 2.9.2 built from sources without problems after the SL
upgrade.... which I
took as a good omen for the general sanity of the system, but
apparently this was
a mistake.

I presume that this has something to do with conflicts with old
gfortrans.  I've installed
gfortran 4.2.3 but perhaps there are remnants of older versions still
hanging around?
Many thanks for any hints,

Roger