[R-SIG-Mac] Interacting with R GUI app from another Cocoa app

Christian Prinoth Christian.Prinoth at epsilonsgr.it
Mon Nov 30 09:41:12 CET 2009

Some time ago I was exploring the general issue of "remote controlling"
R from different apps, eg Excel or Openoffice. Simon Urbanek suggested
using the clipboard (pasted from his post):

-- the easiest solution is to use clipboard and it's easily scriptable:

* select a table in Excel
* Copy (<Cmd><C>)
* switch to R and run
  read.table(pipe("pbpaste -"),T,"\t")

This appears to work fairly well, at least for me. You should probably
write a function copying your data to the clipboard.

Christian Prinoth <cp at epsilonsgr.it>
Epsilon SGR
+39-02-88102355

DISCLAIMER:\ L'utilizzo non autorizzato del presente mes...{{dropped:16}}