[R-SIG-Mac] R 2.10.0 instability (G5 iMac, Tiger 10.4.11)

Ken Knoblauch ken.knoblauch at inserm.fr
Fri Nov 13 19:18:28 CET 2009

Good question.  I don't think so.  One way to generate it in
the GUI is to hit ESC.  The remark about R 2.9.2 in the
crash log seems to be a strong hint that there is some
GUI incompatibility, it seems to me.

While writing this, I've been playing around with the
terminal and it seems OK.  Here is the sessionInfo

R version 2.10.0 Patched (2009-11-11 r50399)
powerpc-apple-darwin8.11.1

locale:
[1] C

attached base packages:

Ken

> Hi,
>
> On Nov 13, 2009, at 1:53 AM, Ken Knoblauch wrote:
>> Lawrie Conole <lconole <at> gmail.com> writes:
>> This looks similar to the problem that I reported where there
>> seems to be
>> some conflict about the GUI version indicated in the crash report
>> for R 2.10 Tiger
>> version.
>>
>> https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-mac/2009-November/006750.html
>>
>> but to which there hasn't been a response yet.  So far, I cleaned all
>> old versions
>> of R off my system and re-installed from scratch.  Tried downloading the
>> tar.gz version and installing that, but lately the link to the
>> GUI.app only on
>> the daily patch page seems to be dead.  I haven't tried to compile the GUI
>> by hand yet, next on my list, but maybe this independent report will
>> attract more attention.
>

> So ... out of curiosity, do you folks get these crashes when running R
> from the terminal?
>
> -steve
>
> --
> Steve Lianoglou
>   |  Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
>   |  Weill Medical College of Cornell University

Ken Knoblauch
Inserm U846
Stem-cell and Brain Research Institute
Department of Integrative Neurosciences