[R-SIG-Mac] problem with package repository

Eric Lind ericlind at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 03:32:29 CET 2009

Hello,

I am running R 2.10.0 on Mac OS X Leopard (10.5.8). In attempting to
update packages I encountered the following error:

> update.packages()
Warning: unable to access index for repository
http://www.biometrics.mtu.edu/CRAN/bin/macosx/leopard/contrib/2.10

A similar error occurs when trying to use the Package Installer
through the GUI menu.

Navigating to the site it does appear to be incomplete, and lacks the
"PACKAGES" index file found on the contributed pages for previous R
versions. I hope by bringing this to the attention of the list the
site might be refreshed.

Thanks for making R so great for Mac.

Eric Lind