[R-SIG-Mac] R.app intractable history problem

Vishy Iyer vishyiyer at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 17:25:07 CET 2009

Final twist in this saga for me... I found that if I quit R.app using
the menu command or Cmd+Q AND click on "Save" workspace, it saves the
workspace, and a new .Rhistory file is written, but that .Rhistory
file is empty! Clearly R is overwriting .Rhistory when I save the
workspace, even though I'm using Cmd+Q.

But if I Cmd+Q and click "Don't save" workspace, the .Rhistory file is
saved properly and contains all history.

All of the above is when I've changed the working directory by drag &
dropping on R.app icon (R version 2.10 on Mac OSX 10.5.8)