[R-SIG-Mac] R.app intractable history problem

Rob Goedman robjgoedman at me.com
Thu Nov 5 15:55:15 CET 2009

Hi Vi,

Can you check if any change you make to the preferences is stored and
carried over to a next session. We've had a few cases where the
preferences file could not be saved due to permissions. If no
preference is available, the default name used is indeed .Rhistory.
E.g. change the CRAN mirror, quit and restart.

Gaël, thanks for pointing out the possibility of .First etc being
stored in .Rdata. That hadn't sunk in yet.

Rob