[R-SIG-Mac] problem installing lme4 package with R 2.9.0

Tue May 26 21:36:02 CEST 2009

Hi Robert,

On May 26, 2009, at 1:13 PM, Robert Seyfarth wrote:

> When attempting to install the lme4 package I get the following
> error message:
>
>> Error in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...) :
>>  unable to load shared library '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/
>> Versions/2.9/Resources/library/lme4/libs/i386/lme4.so':
>>  dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.9/Resources/
>> library/lme4/libs/i386/lme4.so, 6): Library not loaded: /usr/local/
>> lib/libgfortran.2.dylib
>>  Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.9/
>> Resources/library/lme4/libs/i386/lme4.so
>>  Reason: image not found
>> Error: package/namespace load failed for 'lme4'
> But when I look in the library folder lme4.so is there.
>
> Thanks for any help...

I think this error message is saying that it can't load the
libgfortran.2.dylib library in:

/usr/local/lib/libgfortran.2.dylib

Do you have this file? If not, I believe this library should be
installed by the full (not the mini) R installer (since it also
installs gfortran by default), so if you don't have it, try to install
gfortran from there.

Hope that helps,
-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou
Graduate Student: Physiology, Biophysics and Systems Biology

http://cbio.mskcc.org/~lianos