[R-SIG-Mac] R 2.9.0 on Leopard 10.5.7 problems?

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at me.com
Tue May 26 16:34:33 CEST 2009

On May 26, 2009, at 9:06 AM, Luca Scrucca wrote:

> Dear R-Mac-users,
>
> a couple of weeks ago a message appeared in this list which
> mentioned a potential problem with R 2.9.0 and the recent 10.5.7 OS
> update. Since I would like to update my OSX, I was wondering if
> someone else had any problems.
> Thanks,
>
> Luca

That post was here:

   https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-mac/2009-May/006181.html

and there were no replies that I see. I don't know if Dave got an
offlist reply or is still having the issue. I am copying Dave here to
solicit his comments on any follow up activity he might be able to
offer. The only thing that jumps out at me from his post is the
Version indicated for R.app, which shows:

    R 2.9.0 GUI 1.28 Tiger build 32-bit (5395)

which may raise the issue of Tiger versus Leopard builds being used
and that may or may not be relevant.

I am on 10.5.7 and although I build R from source, I have not had any
problems since the OS update. I am running:

   R version 2.9.0 Patched (2009-05-25 r48609)

I can also run R.app, albeit I don't use it routinely:

   [R.app GUI 1.28 (5413) i386-apple-darwin9.7.0]

HTH,

Marc Schwartz