[R-SIG-Mac] R hangs when loading packages

Smiler80 smiler80 at gmail.com
Thu May 21 13:57:42 CEST 2009

Hello,

I've recently installed R (version 2.9.0) on my Mac OS (Leopard). I'm
using the Mac R.app application. Upon start up this works fine,
however if I try to load several packages the application simply hangs
(even after leaving it alone for an hour).

Strangely, some applications work fine, others don't. Some examples of
failures are: R commander, relimp, tcltk. Ultimately, I'm trying to
get FactoMineR to work with R commander, but when trying to install
the FactoMineR GUI, which I believe depends on R commander, it also
hangs. (Note: loading the package FactoMineR itself works fine!)

I've tried to load the packages via the Package Manager, and via the
command library(rcmdr). I've also tried re-installing the packages,
and re-installing R entirely. I keep having the same problem.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Caroline