[R-SIG-Mac] installing Rgraphviz

Jarrett Byrnes byrnes at msi.ucsb.edu
Mon May 4 22:22:29 CEST 2009

I know variants of this have been answered a few times, but thus far
I've had no luck:

I'm attempting to install Rgraphviz from bioconductor.  I downloaded
the stablemac version from http://www.graphviz.org/Download_macos.php
and used biocite to install Rgraphviz after installing bioconductor.
However, when I attempt to load Rgraphviz, I get the following error.

Error in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...) :
   unable to load shared library '/Users/jbyr/Library/R/2.9/library/
Rgraphviz/libs/ppc/Rgraphviz.so':
   dlopen(/Users/jbyr/Library/R/2.9/library/Rgraphviz/libs/ppc/
Rgraphviz.so, 6): Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libgvc.3.dylib
   Referenced from: /Users/jbyr/Library/R/2.9/library/Rgraphviz/libs/
ppc/Rgraphviz.so
   Reason: image not found
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'Rgraphviz'

I went to look for libgvc.3.dylib, and there in /usr/lib found libgvc.
5.dylib .

Is the answer here to install an older version of graphviz? If so
which one?  Or can Rgraphviz be made to work with my existing
installation of graphviz?

-Jarrett