[R-SIG-Mac] R for Mac

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Fri May 1 17:33:04 CEST 2009

In a very crucial way (for me anyway), the version selection for Mac
OSX 10.5.x is **more** complete than for Windows because a 64-bit
version is available. It runs beautifully and my only unsolved
difficulties have been in getting RGL to build. I do not think those
difficulties are insurmountable.

It would not make any sense to download the Mac versions through
Windows, although it may be possible.

On Apr 30, 2009, at 5:04 PM, Mito Takeshita wrote:

> I want to use R on my mac. I can either download the mac version and
> use it there, or I can download it through windows on my mac and use
> the windows version.
>

> Which one would you recommend?  My only concern about running the
> mac version is it said the MAC version may be incomplete.

David Winsemius, MD
Heritage Laboratories
West Hartford, CT