[R-SIG-Mac] packages will not load

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Fri Mar 20 17:39:21 CET 2009

On Mar 20, 2009, at 11:47 , Gareth Janacek wrote:

> No joy I fear.  I am contemplating deleting R on my machine and ding
> a clean install of R. Have you any words of wisdom or warning ( I
> see my next class Monday am )

I would probably recommend that - given that both messages read the
same. You can also try to see what's really breaking (e.g. via
options(error=recover)) and why. Also trying a different mirror can
often help if the mirror is broken. Finally, if you want us to be of
more substantial help, please don't forget to post sessionInfo() as we
kindly ask you and in this case .libPaths() as well.