[R-SIG-Mac] Install R package on mac

Kjell Konis kjell.konis at epfl.ch
Tue Mar 10 15:13:05 CET 2009

I think installing a Windows binary package on Mac (or any other
operating system) is probably not officially supported - so the
package manager is not going to be too helpful here. In this case
you're lucky though - WiSP does not contain any native code.  All you
need to do is unpack the wisp_1.2.6.zip archive (which OS X is
apparently doing for you already) and put the wisp folder in your R
library using the Finder. Worked for me anyway. Also, you should
probably email the package authors and ask them to provide a source
version of the package as well.

HTH,
Kjell