[R-SIG-Mac] mac-builder

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Mon Mar 9 20:12:59 CET 2009

On Mar 9, 2009, at 14:56 , Sundar Dorai-Raj wrote:

> Hi, all,
>
> Uwe Ligges has a nice tool for creating R binaries for Windows.
>
> http://win-builder.r-project.org/
>
> Is there an equivalent for Mac to create the tgz file?

Not directly. Both R-Forge.r-project.org and rforge.net create Mac
binaries for hosted projects and we do build Mac binaries for CRAN
packages, but not from arbitrary sources.

I'm more concerned about abuse than Uwe, we don't have a spare
dedicated machine for this and I don't want to deal with securing a
machine to build packages in a sandbox. However, if there was a high-
enough demand (nothing indicated that so far), we may think about it ...