[R-SIG-Mac] X11 missing? ... was Re: [R] rgl persp3d bounding box color problem.

Kasper Daniel Hansen khansen at stat.berkeley.edu
Wed Mar 4 07:31:05 CET 2009

Regarding PATH and R.app. It is a well-known issue on OS X that R.app
does not inherit the environment variables set in the shell (for
example in ~/.profile or ~/.bashrc).

For example, it is complete standard that you get different output from
   # echo $PATH
and
   R> Sys.getenv("PATH")

The easiest way to fix this is to set the environment variable using
the ~/.Rprofile and set it for example by
   Sys.setenv(PATH = "SOMETHING")
It can also be fixed by editing environment.plist (do a Google search
for instructions).

Kasper