[R-SIG-Mac] R does not start on my MacBook Pro3,1

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Mar 2 21:14:02 CET 2009

On Mon, 2 Mar 2009, Mary Meyer wrote:

> Yes, I would like to know what I *ought* to have done.

Ask on one list.  For beginners, only send a bug report if encouraged
to do so by someome more experienced.  Unless you are sure it is not
Mac-specific (or aboute Bioconductor), ask on R-sig-mac, not least
because Mac-specific questions on R-help will get lost and those on
R-devel might.

[Not just for Mary:]

Please only send bug reports for things you are *sure* are bugs:
because > 90% of bug reports are erroneous and they do take up too
much of R-core's time.  But the ones that get me angry are the serial
offenders.

Also, please be patient: the experts are in short supply: Simon
Urbanek is currently travelling, I will be next month ....

Brian Ripley