[R-SIG-Mac] R does not start on my MacBook Pro3,1

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Mar 2 17:51:30 CET 2009

Some other things that might be relevant

the saved workspace ~/.Rdata
the saved history ~/.Rhistory
any personal library.

One piece of advice that often works is to start R with --vanilla
(e.g. from a terminal 'R --vanilla'): if that works it indicates a
problem in one of the startup files and with the help of ?Startup you
can narrow the search down.

I hope that helps you here.