[R-SIG-Mac] "Extra" new line characters in history w/ R 2.9.1

Jeffrey Carroll jcarroll at cmmt.ubc.ca
Tue Jun 30 17:59:11 CEST 2009

Hi All,

I recently upgraded to R 2.9.1 on my MacBook Pro running Mac OS X
10.5.7.

Previously, at the command prompt in the GUI the up arrow key scrolled
through the history.  This still works for me, but every time I scroll
up the previous command gets an extra new line character appended to
it.  I've attached a screen shot showing what happens when I
repeatedly use a single stroke of the up arrow to recall the previous
command.  This is trivial, but makes using the history rapidly more
challenging because you have to delete though a bunch of whitespace
when trying to edit previously used commands.

This changed immediately after I upgraded to 2.9.1.  Does anyone know
if something in R/GUI changed, or if I just had a setting that I don't
know about altered when I upgraded?

Thanks for your advice,

jeff

Jeff Carroll
Centre for Molecular Medicine & Therapeutics
University of British Columbia

P: 604.875.3825
F: 604.875.3819
E: jcarroll at cmmt.ubc.ca