[R-SIG-Mac] R/qtl installation on Leopard 10.5.7

Matthew Kinkade mpk194 at psu.edu
Tue Jul 14 21:55:24 CEST 2009

Hello,

I'm new to Leopard and I downloaded R to use R/qtl. I've used it with
Windows just fine... but when I try to install the qtl package on my
Mac, I receive this message

Error in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...) :
   unable to load shared library '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/
Resources/library/qtl/libs/i386/qtl.so':
   dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/qtl/libs/
i386/qtl.so, 6): Library not loaded: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/
Versions/2.10/Resources/lib/libRlapack.dylib
   Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/
qtl/libs/i386/qtl.so
   Reason: image not found
In addition: Warning message:
package 'qtl' was built under R version 2.10.0
Error in library(qtl) : .First.lib failed for 'qtl'

I downloaded the package from CRAN using the package installer. Is
there some way I can manually install ? Other bundled packages install
just fine.

Thanks