[R-SIG-Mac] X11 plot title font

Liangjie Xue ljxuechina at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 00:52:01 CEST 2009

Hi everybody

I am using Leopard 10.5.7 with R. I am running from terminal rather than the
R.app GUI. I had some script written under windows, when I was migrating
everything to Mac, I found the graphs I plotted using X11 device behaved
very strange in the title of the graph, which by default were italic. I
check the ?X11, which said the default font for the title (main) is 1 (the
plain text). Therefore, I need to specify font.main=1 in all my plot
functions. I have a bunch of scripts, which will take a lot of time to
change this manually. Is there a better solution for this?

Since I used some X11 specific commands like savePlot, it may be not a good
option for me to set options(device='quartz'), which will cause more work.

Further, I found when I used X11(type='Xlib'), everything worked as the
document said, however, if use X11(), which by default use 'cairo', this
problem came again.  Is there any solutions if I want to use 'cairo' type?