[R-SIG-Mac] Scripting R

Christian Prinoth Christian.Prinoth at epsilonsgr.it
Fri Jan 30 10:53:26 CET 2009

Emiliano,
what you suggest I have already implemented, although it is a bit
sluggish, especially if moving back and forth big chunks of data.
The reason I am looking into this is that on windows platforms in my
organization many people are using Excel as a frontend and R as a
calculation workhorse. Most people are familiar with organizing and
handling data in Excel, and though I agree that complex datasets are
better handled directly by R, some tasks work very well with the above
mentioned setup.
I am currently trying to push for a move to OSX, and having very similar
tools available would be of great help and smooth the transition.

Christian Prinoth <cp at epsilonsgr.it>
Epsilon SGR
+39-02-88102355

DISCLAIMER:\ L'utilizzo non autorizzato del presente mes...{{dropped:16}}