[R-SIG-Mac] rgl, Leopard, 64 bit

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Fri Jan 23 14:50:23 CET 2009

On Jan 23, 2009, at 2:41 AM, Prof Brian Ripley wrote:

> rgl attempts on OS X to build both X11 and 'Carbon' versions.  You
> can inhibit the latter by
>
> R CMD INSTALL --configure-args='--disable-carbon'  .../rgl_0.81.tar.gz
>
> The X11 version does work -- had you not tried that?
>
> A native Mac OS X version will be a lot more work, so to encourage
> people you will need to explain what is not enough in the X11 version.

I was referring to the native version alone. I guess I have
misinterpreted the original question. I have a prototype of the native
version that could be used in 64-bit if anyone is keen enough to clean
up rgl... Either way IMHO the configure script should check whether
the Carbon version can be built at all.