[R-SIG-Mac] rgl, Leopard, 64 bit

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Thu Jan 22 22:19:49 CET 2009

On Jan 22, 2009, at 14:39 , Matthew Cohen wrote:

> Looking through the archives, I see that the developers of rgl don't
> have access to a 64 bit Mac, and are waiting for someone else to
> take the initiative and make an appropriate patch.  Unfortunately, I
> think this is beyond my abilities.  Has anyone been able to get it
> to work?

FWIW you don't really need a 64-bit Mac to work on this ;).
Nonetheless it's not a trivial task because the current implementation
uses deprecated API so it essentially means to re-write the UI part
almost entirely. I suspect that's the reason why I have not seen any
volunteers yet ... (I had a look, but when I saw the scope I could not
dedicate enough time to do it ...).