[R-SIG-Mac] R CMD check / texi2dvi issues
rksh1 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Jan 13 12:52:29 CET 2009
Prof Brian Ripley wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Jan 2009, Robin Hankin wrote:
>> Dear List
>> MacOSX 10.5.5
>> R-2.8.1 / R-2.9.0
>> I'm having difficulty with vignettes under Mac OS X.
>> Take the partitions package as an example. According to the CRAN
>> package check page for partitions, this is clean under each
>> system, except for r-release-macosx-ix86
>> where the check gives
>> errors, for example:
>> "Running 'texi2dvi' on setpartitions.tex failed. "
>> Similar things happen to my other packages that include vignettes;
>> I can't build vignette packages under macosx either.
>> What's going on here?
> Maybe _you_ could tell _us_? R-devel gives more informative
> diagnostics than the above. However, 'partitions' checks out for me on
> my Mac, so I've no idea what you are seeing. Surely a copy of your
> logs is 'at a minimum' information.
Sorry, I intended the link above to point to the log. Below text is
just now from the CRAN Package Check Results for Package partitions (mac
* using R version 2.8.0 (2008-10-20)
* using session charset: ASCII
* checking for file 'partitions/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* checking extension type ... Package
* this is package 'partitions' version '1.8-2'
* checking package name space information ... OK
* checking package dependencies ... OK
* checking if this is a source package ... OK
* checking for executable files ... OK
* checking whether package 'partitions' can be installed ... OK
* checking package directory ... OK
* checking for portable file names ... OK
* checking for sufficient/correct file permissions ... OK
* checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... OK
* checking top-level files ... OK
* checking index information ... OK
* checking package subdirectories ... OK
* checking R files for non-ASCII characters ... OK
* checking R files for syntax errors ... OK
* checking whether the package can be loaded ... OK
* checking whether the package can be loaded with stated
dependencies ... OK
* checking whether the name space can be loaded with stated
dependencies ... OK
* checking for unstated dependencies in R code ... OK
* checking S3 generic/method consistency ... OK
* checking replacement functions ... OK
* checking foreign function calls ... OK
* checking R code for possible problems ... OK
* checking Rd files ... OK
* checking Rd cross-references ... OK
* checking for missing documentation entries ... OK
* checking for code/documentation mismatches ... OK
* checking Rd \usage sections ... OK
* checking line endings in C/C++/Fortran sources/headers ... OK
* checking line endings in Makefiles ... OK
* checking for portable use of $BLAS_LIBS ... OK
* creating partitions-Ex.R ... OK
* checking examples ... OK
* checking tests ... OK
* checking package vignettes in 'inst/doc' ... NOTE
*** PDFLaTeX Errors ***
Running 'texi2dvi' on 'partitionspaper.tex' failed.
Running 'texi2dvi' on 'scrabble.tex' failed.
Running 'texi2dvi' on 'setpartitions.tex' failed.
* creating partitions-manual.tex ... OK
* elapsed time (check, wall clock): 0:47
It's clean under the other architectures.
> BTW, there is no 'R-2.9.0'. If you mean 'R-devel (r47575)' or similar
> please say so -- too much time has been wasted in the past dealing
> with people using weeks-old versions of R-devel with issues that were
> only present for a few hours.
More information about the R-SIG-Mac