[R-SIG-Mac] Running rattle()

Sat Jan 10 15:38:21 CET 2009

Hi Michael,

On Jan 10, 2009, at 9:24 AM, Michael Kubovy wrote:

> Dear Friends,
>
> I was able to install Rattle:
>
>> library(rattle)
> Rattle, Graphical interface for data mining using R
> Version 2.4.0. Copyright (C) 2009 Togaware Pty Ltd
> Type "rattle()" to shake, rattle, and roll your data.
>
> But:
>
>> rattle()
> Failed to load RGtk2 dynamic library, attempting to install it.
> DLLpath, ...) :
>   unable to load shared library '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/
> Resources/library/tcltk/libs/i386/tcltk.so':
>   dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/tcltk/libs/
> i386/tcltk.so, 10): Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libtcl8.5.dylib
>   Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/
> tcltk/libs/i386/tcltk.so
>   Reason: image not found
> Error : .onLoad failed in 'loadNamespace' for 'tcltk'
> Error : .onLoad failed in 'loadNamespace' for 'RGtk2'
> Error in rattle() :
>   The RGtk2 package did not find libglade installed. Please install
> it.

I'm not sure why your macports install is failing, but maybe we can
avoid that for now :-)

Are your tcltk issues the same as what was spoken about here?

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-mac/2009-January/005727.html

I believe the full CRAN R installer should have installed the tcltk
libraries for you. Perhaps you customized the install and opted out of
installing it?

You should be able to check and see if tcltk is installed by going here:

/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library

and looking for tcltk/i386/tcltk.so

Hope that helps,
-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou
Graduate Student: Physiology, Biophysics and Systems Biology

http://cbio.mskcc.org/~lianos