[R-SIG-Mac] R Package Installer listing of available binaries

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Tue Jan 6 02:09:06 CET 2009

On Jan 5, 2009, at 7:09 PM, Ivan Alves wrote:

> Dear Simon,
>
> Many thanks for clarifying the confusion.  Reading the MAC OS FAQ I
> understand that I can _in principle_ use the Tiger binaries with the
> leopard build. Is there a way to configure the default package type
> of the leopard build from mac.binary.leopard to mac.binary so that
> it looks in the universal folder?

You can simply set options(pkgType="mac.binary"). You can do that in
your startup files if you desire. However, it could be (I'd have to
check the sources) that the GUI still overrides this setting so you
may want to use install.packages yourself. Again, I do NOT recommend
this, since it defeats the purpose of the Leopard build (you won't
have 64-bit binaries!), but you're free to do what you please ;).