[R-SIG-Mac] syntax colors

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Mon Feb 23 22:14:54 CET 2009

On Feb 23, 2009, at 16:05 , Ken Beath wrote:

> On 24/02/2009, at 7:24 AM, Simon Urbanek wrote:
>

>> On Feb 23, 2009, at 15:03 , Ken Nussear wrote:
>>
>>> All
>>>
>>> Did anyone ever solve the unchangeable syntax coloration problem
>>> in the R-GUI editor?
>>>
>>> I searched and I can only find an unanswered post from 2005.
>>>

>> "the unchangeable syntax coloration problem" doesn't show any hits
>> either on google or wikipedia - what "well-known" problem are you
>> referring to - can you be more specific, please? At the very least
>> please provide a link to the post you mean...
>>

> If I go to Syntax in the Preferences attempt to change Numbers to
> some other colour it will revert to blue when the picker is closed.
> Then when I try to change other colours they change to blue, not the
> original colour, upon closing the picker.

Yes, you have to choose some other swatch before closing the window -
this seems to have something to do with the state of the picker - it
need to correspond to an unchanged color (any other swatch) in order
for it to not change color spontaneously when the window is closed ...

I'm currently traveling so I won't be able to track this down and cure
anytime soon...