[R-SIG-Mac] R.app under OSX 10.6

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Fri Feb 20 18:33:36 CET 2009

On Feb 20, 2009, at 11:35 , David Rosenberg wrote:

> I've been porting some of our in-house projects to 10.6 (Developer
> Preview 10A261) and was wondering if anyone here has been successful
> in running either R.app or tcltk under this 'snow leopard.'  The
> core app compiles and runs relatively smoothly, but I have unable to
> make either of these components work properly.  Thanks/

Apple has stopped supporting the R development for Macs some time ago,
so unfortunately we have no longer access to 10.6 previews and so
cannot support it. There are some hopes in Apple getting involved
again, but I wouldn't hold my breath given the experience in the last
few years.

[PS: To be fair a very helpful Apple contact arranged a discount last
year our CRAN build machine, but that was his own kind initiative, not
Apple's.]