[R-SIG-Mac] Case distinction on a Mac.

Timothy Bates timothy.c.bates at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 01:29:40 CET 2009

Dear Rolf,
By default, the file system is not case-sensitive.
So the answer to file.exists(".Rdata") is  correct. And you won't be
able to write .RData without overwriting .Rdata

You can format a drive with a case-sensitive file system if you wish
(Spotlight:Disk Utility), but many applications won't be happy to find
folders containing files with the same (insensitive) name inside.

tim