[R-SIG-Mac] Problem viewing overview pdf's

Eric Wooten ecwooten at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 16:27:03 CET 2009

Removing adobe's pdf plugin does indeed remove the black screen problem, but
also creates a segfault error and attendant forced quits (see attached
screen capture). Occasionally, <Error>: ATSFontFindFromContainer failed:
count = 2. crops up instead.
Turns out I do also have the PDF Browser plugin (for use by Firefox) in my
~/Library/Internet Plugins. Removing that as well seems to fix both black
screen (adobe plugin present) and various memory errors (PDF Browser plugin
present).

The direct Help/Vignettes route seemingly always works fine no matter what
is present.