[R-SIG-Mac] Problem viewing overview pdf's

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Tue Feb 10 16:41:39 CET 2009

On Feb 9, 2009, at 20:59 , Zak wrote:

> Just installed the latest (3.8.1)

Cool - do you have a time machine ? ;)

> R for Mac OS X after working for a year on a much older version.
> Now, when I use the package manager and then select a package with
> an overview that happens to be a pdf then the pdf does not open up
> in the lower pane as it used to but only a black pane appears. The
> pdf's are definitely there (as I can access them through the
> vignette() utility (Bioconductor). Is this a known bug/feature? Is
> it something to do with installing over prior versions? Help!

Can you, please, be more specific - for example why don't you tell us
which package you're looking at - that would make it much easier to
reproduce ...

Also vignettes are accessible via Help -> Vignettes which is much
better than using vignettes() [which is a function in R, not
Bioconductor AFAICS].

Thanks,