[R-SIG-Mac] Problem viewing overview pdf's

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Feb 10 16:12:31 CET 2009

I'm guessing that it is known, but if not, I can report that it also
happens on my Mac.

For instance in the 64 bit GUI using the att.research binary R ,
clicking on the doBy line in the Package Manager window brings up a
page with a link to "overview". Clicking on that brings up a black
page in the viewing window.

The other aspect of the Package Manager that does not appear finished
is the lack of any functionality of the forward and back buttons. When
using the PM for viewing documentation on packages that are not loaded
I need to return to the package index page because the fwd and back
buttons are always greyed out.

I just figured that both these were rather minor difficulties, since
the overall capacities of R on the Mac are so vast. I would much
rather that the developers continue as they have been, dealing with
substantive problems like fixing rggobi/Ggobi.  Thank you to all who
contributed to that addition. Very kewl. Tried to break it, er, test
it with a big data set but it held up well.

--
David Winsemius

sessionInfo and R.Version output follows

 > sessionInfo()
R version 2.8.1 Patched (2009-01-07 r47515)
i386-apple-darwin9.6.0

locale:
en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/C/C/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8

attached base packages:
[1] splines   stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets
methods   base

other attached packages:
[1] doBy_3.7        lattice_0.17-20 nlme_3.1-90     Design_2.1-2
survival_2.34-1 Hmisc_3.4-4

[1] cluster_1.11.12 grid_2.8.1      tools_2.8.1

 > R.Version()
$platform
[1] "i386-apple-darwin9.6.0"

$arch
[1] "i386"

$os
[1] "darwin9.6.0"

$system
[1] "i386, darwin9.6.0"

$status
[1] "Patched"

$major
[1] "2"

$minor
[1] "8.1"

$year
[1] "2009"

$month
[1] "01"

$day
[1] "07"

$`svn rev`
[1] "47515"

$language
[1] "R"

$version.string
[1] "R version 2.8.1 Patched (2009-01-07 r47515)"