[R-SIG-Mac] R64 GUI hangs from Package Manager when accessing PDF files

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu Aug 20 23:52:45 CEST 2009

Is there an option to specify or change the default pdf viewer that
would prevent un-breakable hangs after choosing a link in a menu of
help files that happens to be a PDF file?

Example: upon highlighting the mboost package line in Package Manager
and then selecting "package" in the lower window, the GUI hangs and R
needs to be <Force-quit.>

 > sessionInfo()
R version 2.9.1 Patched (2009-07-04 r48897)
x86_64-apple-darwin9.7.0

locale:
en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/C/C/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8

attached base packages:

Prior to posting I downloaded the most recent 64bit GUI and still get
a hang, albeit now with several pages of error messages. I can only
see the last page of errors which all say (a Grab copy):