[R-SIG-Mac] pkgutil

Carl Witthoft carl at witthoft.com
Sat Apr 11 16:45:52 CEST 2009

Just a nitpicking comment:   if there's a database, you can access it
with or without a special tool.  You just have to find out where the
database is located ^_^ .

BTW,  Pacifist will let you do pkgutil actions from within its GUI.

And be careful:  there's a "Pkgutil 1.2" which is for Solaris. Similarly
unless you've studied the code carefully I' guess the Python script
referred to recently is not intended for OSX package control.

Carl