[R-SIG-Mac] Reminder: Please test the 2.9.0 beta/rc binaries!

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sat Apr 11 01:06:06 CEST 2009

On Apr 10, 2009, at 6:12 PM, Simon Urbanek wrote:

> David,
>
> On Apr 10, 2009, at 5:55 PM, David Winsemius wrote:
>
>> I downloaded the Leopard 64 bit pkg: R-2.9-beta-48309.pkg
>>
>> It installed without apparent error. I want to retain version 2.8.1
>> so I checked to make sure the receipt had been deleted.
>>

> The receipts are now superseded in Leopard by an internal database
> which is controlled by pkgutil, so you have to use pkgutil --forget
> instead.

I forgot to mention that I also tried that strategem at a bash prompt
after reading the MacOSX FAQ and was given the response the no such
program could be found.

bash: pkutil: command not found

I am thinking I may not be properly qualified to be on R's bleeding
edge.

David Winsemius, MD
Heritage Laboratories
West Hartford, CT