[R-SIG-Mac] Reminder: Please test the 2.9.0 beta/rc binaries!

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Fri Apr 10 15:22:20 CEST 2009

Gad,

On Apr 10, 2009, at 5:38 , Gad Abraham wrote:

> Simon Urbanek wrote:
>> I would like to remind everyone that we are in the final week of
>> the beta testing of R 2.9.0, so please test the binaries now! There
>> are installers for both the Tiger (32-bit) and Leopard (32-bit and
>> 64-bit) binaries at
>> http://R.research.att.com/
>> Reporting bugs right *after* the release is pointless - that's why
>> we are providing beta and rc builds, so please test them well
>> before 4/17! Post any issues you have with it here.
>
> The 2.9 build seems to be broken as of 02:19 April 10.

There is some thing wrong on CRAN with Matrix recommended package for
R 2.9.0 rc:

hagal:R-2.9-branch$ tools/rsync-recommended
receiving file list ... done
KernSmooth_2.22-22.tar.gz
Matrix_0.999375-23-290.tar.gz
Matrix_0.999375-24.tar.gz
VR_7.2-46.tar.gz
boot_1.2-36.tar.gz
cluster_1.11.13.tar.gz
codetools_0.2-2.tar.gz
foreign_0.8-34.tar.gz
lattice_0.17-22.tar.gz
mgcv_1.5-2.tar.gz
nlme_3.1-90.tar.gz
rpart_3.1-43.tar.gz
survival_2.35-4.tar.gz

sent 429 bytes  received 7097983 bytes  457962.06 bytes/sec
total size is 7094360  speedup is 1.00
Creating links
ln: Matrix.tgz: No such file or directory

Note that Matrix is listed twice and the links is not created, that's
why configuration of R  fails with
configure: error: Some of the recommended packages are missing Use --
without-recommended-packages if this was intentional

I'll assume that -24 is correct, create it manually and re-start the
build. Kurt/Stefan, can you please have a look and fix it on CRAN for
the next nightly build?

Thanks,